Saturday, March 7, 2009





1. Something Creative from High School
The Butterfly Effect: An oil painting I completed in my last year of high school as part of a series of works on the 'wonderment of nature'. I was interested in the idea of the butterfly effect that states that the flap of a butterfly's wing can cause a dramatic shift in the weather patterns on the other side of the world. This theory also appealed to me in the metaphorical sense - where tiny actions can have a huge impact.

2. Great Piece of Architecture
The Falling Water House: Designed by Architect Frank Lloyd Wright. This house was built in the 1930s and is still considered to be one of the biggest "architectural triumphs" of the 20th century. I love the simplicity of this design and the way it is so subtly integrated into its surroundings. I feel it is nicely balanced, in turn creating a feeling of harmony- reflecting its tranquil environment.

3. Something Beautiful
Sun setting at Byron Bay when I was there a few years ago. Something interesting about sunsets is that they vary significantly on all the planets in the universe because of their distances from the sun... E.g. a sunset on Mars...

In my opinion the sunsets on earth are much more beautiful...



FIONA HALL: 
Tin, Growing, Fertile


TRACY MOFFAT: 
Children, Surviving, Fatigued


ROSALIE GASCOIGNE: 
Grey, Hovering, Geometric

No comments:

Post a Comment